Start a new topic

Calories?

Anyone had any issues with inaccurate calorie count? According to my new Striiv Smart I've burned 1839 calories for walking 11528 steps today. As much as I'd like this to be true, I guestimate the true calories should be around 500-600 or am I missing something?

Any advice appreciated and thanks :-)

I have a Fitbit too which I think I like better than the striiv.I have walked 15,000 steps and according to my Fitbit,I burned 2200 calories.  I walked 10,000 steps today and only burned 487 calories wearing my striiv.  Don't like those numbers....that would mean I just burned less than 100 calories per 2000 feet, doesn't even sound logical.

It depends on a lot of factors, including how fast you walked those, how much you weigh, etc. I used to use my Wii Fit to run, and if I put things into My Fitness Pal, the exercises "already there" were drastically under in terms of how many calories my Wii said. I find the same to be true between Striiv and MFP. That being said, I'm more inclined to believe that MFP is underestimating (since it's not personalized).

Sounds like yet another bug in the program.  There are sooooo many!  I walk about that many daily and it's around 600 calories according to the program I also use that's linked to Striiv, MyFitnessPal.  I use the iPhone app, though, not the Striiv Smart.

Login or Signup to post a comment