Start a new topic

No Steps Being Counted

I bought a Striiv Touch today and after struggling to upgrade the software, I now am not getting any steps counted.  Any ideas are appreciated.

8 people have this problem

Just bought this thing a week ago very disappointed worked well the first week did the upgrade over the weekend and now it's not counting steps

Are you seeing NO steps counted, or less steps than you think you took counted?

A few things that might help to know:

1) We're not counting steps if the screen is on

2) Part of the last update changed the activity tracking to not start counting an activity  until you took 15 steps

(this is largely to prevent false positives from typing - we'll keep tweaking this number and the algorithm until we get the best balance of accuracy vs. false positive steps)

If you're not counting steps at all, go to apps > settings (the gear icon) > info on your Touch or Fusion - swipe left twice until you see some numbers like G:0 T:0 C:1

If the number after G is one, drop us a line at customercare@striiv.com, since it means that the G-sensor (the step counter) in your device is likely stuck, and it will need some care from us at Striiv. 

My activity tracker WILL NOT register the first step.  It is connected to my phone, because I get notifications that I have text messages.... BUT, I BOUGHT IT FOR FITNESS TRACKING.... not text tracking.... 

In reading the above directions posted 4 months ago by Mike Fennelly he states:        If you're not counting steps at all, go to apps > settings (the gear icon) > info on your Touch or Fusion - swipe left twice until you see some numbers like G:0 T:0 C:1

If the number after G is one, drop us a line at customercare@striiv.com, since it means that the G-sensor (the step counter) in your device is likely stuck, and it will need some care from us at Striiv.              

when I go to SETTINGS......  There is nothing mentioning: INFO ON YOUR TOUCH OR FUSION.....  so, I can't follow these instructions.  

PLEASE HELP. 

Hi Shonna, 

On your Activity Tracker, Swipe left until you see Apps,and tap it. Swipe left once, and tap the gear icon. Swipe left once and tap info, then swipe left twice and you should see the G T C numbers. Let us know if you don't! 

G:0  T:0  C:1

Hi I've just purchased this and same problem it is not counting steps. I've checked out the above and my code is the same as listed above, any suggestions?

Hi Evana, we suggest you try a step test: take 100-200 continuous steps while keeping count mentally, then compare steps taken to steps recorded on the Striiv device. What's the result? 

Login or Signup to post a comment