Start a new topic

Striiv Smart Pedometer sync not working

The sync application no longer works after the first of 1017 and I'm not able to find and download the sync application. Just get the 404 error "page not found"

2 people have this problem

@V.I. -- The Walkathon app has been discontinued for about two years now, so any users still able to use it were running on pure luck! Our Striiv app does not count steps on its own, and we require a Striiv tracker to be paired with the app in order to track steps.

@Lyn and V.I. -- The Smart Sync app is no longer supported because the server that it was being run on has shut down. Sync had been running on legacy servers for quite some time, which meant it was running unmonitored, and when it failed, that would be it. This was a matter of deciding how to allocate limited resources -- both monetary but also engineering time, as the program would have needed extensive overhauling if it was going to continue existing in any form. Based on several factors, we made the decision to direct those resources at our current and future product line.

However, the Smart will continue to count track activity as a standalone pedometer -- any prompts to sync to the server can be dismissed. 

We're still offering support for issues Smart users encounter, so please reach out to us at customercare@striiv.com if you need any help with your Smart pedometer!

Re:  *Smart Pedometer*:  Above comments make it abundantly clear that you have discontinued any kind of support for this device.  *Please reconsider.*  I know it's not the brightest, shiniest, or newest of tracking devices, but it has always been my favorite.  *Known issue*:  Sync app not compatible with Windows 8 (haven't tried with Windows 10).  I suspect this is why you pulled the rug out from under us.

Re:  *Walkathon* app for iOS (*second issue*):  iOS 10 has finally trashed this app, once my favorite iPhone app - and rather clever look-alike Smart Pedometer emulator.  Please offer some kind of update for this to enable it under iOS 10.

Bottom line:  _Just because it's old doesn't mean it's no longer any good!_

I'm not a fan of planned obsolescence!

1 person likes this
I too am very disappointed that Striiv is no longer supporting scyning my pedometer. It was the best pedometer I have ever used.  In just a few years I thought I was donating polio vaccines to children who needed them. I chose this option because I  had a brother who was a polio survivor. 
I have been having problems with my device stopping counting steps, but each time I have been able to reset the device as per instructions sent to me earlier. Does this mean I will not be able to keep my device working.
I also own a fit bit but prefer the Striiv, I now feel bad that i have been recomending a smart pedometer to lots of people, stressing the social aspect of donations.

This is so disappointing. So, I'm guessing there is no way for us to back up our data now? Do any of the current devices have MyLand and similar features to the Smart Pedometer? I always chose the option to collect all coins at once when I synced and now I guess there isn't any way to do that. I also enjoyed making the donations for water, so I guess that's gone too. I agree with the poster above that you need to think of your loyal customers who use this device. I've been using it for years now and much prefer it to the wrist bands. Also, I have a Windows phone which you don't support. I guess I'll be looking for something new unless you reconsider supporting your most loyal and long term customers.

This is kinda a sad thing. Granted, the last time I synced successfully was January 12, 2017.  I bought this device because It didn't have to be linked to my phone or another application.Plus I really enjoyed the donations. I have a bunch to donate but I suppose that won't happen. I've only had my device for a couple years and thought it was awesome. Sad cause there's nothing else that I would want to switch to, however, thank you striiv for forcing me to find alternatives. I hate the wrist trackers and this was perfect to stick in my pocket. Please think of the loyal customers who actually use this device. I hope that you consider us and re-think the drop of support. Thanks for not giving us notice as well. We truly appreciate your lack of concern.

1 person likes this
I agree, I have also made many donations for polio vaccine, clean water, and rain forest over the past six years, although I have always wondered if Striiv actually made those donations.

3 people like this
It's sad that we can't donate polio vaccines anymore.  They keep adding to my device, but I can't donate them.  That was the only reason I synched my Striiv in the first place - to donate the vaccines.
Well, 120 children won't get polio thanks to my Striiv.  Wish I could do more.

2 people like this

Hi Robert, D, Karl, and Sharon!

The Smart is now considered a standalone device, and there will be no more development or maintenance of either my.striiv.com or Striiv Sync. 

The Sync application was being hosted on legacy servers -- these have been shut down. While there is a small possibility the server may come back, there is no guarantee that it will, or that it will work if it does come back.

The Smart will still track activity data without syncing to the Sync application, and this is the way it will need to be used going forward.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Striiv Customer Care

What can we do? Mine stopped syncing about a week ago? Is anybody listening to us?

Here is the reply I got from Striiv Customer Care;

"I regret to inform you that the Smart is now considered a standalone device, and there will be no more development or maintenance of either my.striiv.com or Striiv Sync. 

The Sync application was being hosted on legacy servers -- these have been shut down. While there is a small possibility the server may come back, there is no guarantee that it will, or that it will work if it does come back.
The Smart will still track activity data without syncing to the Sync application, and this is the way it will need to be used going forward.
I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Looks like we're out of luck and won't be able to sync, make donations, or get rewards. Time to buy a Fitbit since Striiv will no longer support us.

Same deal.  Worked fine, charges, but will not synch with my dashboard.  Different charging cords, same no-go response.

I am having the same problem. I last uploaded my steps on 1/11/17. Now the dashboard does not recognize my device.

Login or Signup to post a comment