Start a new topic

BATTERY WILL NOT KEEP A CHARGE

I have not had my Striv for a year yet and am having trouble with the battery.  I plug it in at night and unplug in the morning.  But when I try to play my game it instantly dies.  When I turn it back on it says please plug in.  Can I replace a battery or what do I need to do?  I really have come to rely on my striv, please help!

8 people have this problem

you need to contact customer service I fear and get them to send you instruction to return to them for replacement unless you can get the place you bought it to take it back.

Mine holds a charge for about a day, then dies...very frustrating to walk the golf course and find out the striv died early in the round.

My striive has to be charged daily and sometimes twice a day.

My Striiv is not holding charge.  Can internal battery be replaced or can I purchase new adapter? 

I recent charged up my Striiv Play and just after a few steps it registers that I am at 50%.  This is frustrating seeing that I just purchased this device a month ago and thought, initially, it was just that I haven't synched and fully charge the Play.  I know that it is fully charged because it reads "100%" and then "Let's Go!".  Is there a glitch?

I have not had my Striv for two weeks and yet and am having trouble with the battery.  I plug it in at night and unplug in the morning.  But when I try to play my game it instantly dies.  When I turn it back on it says please plug in.  Can I replace a battery or what do I need to do?  I really have come to rely on my striv, please help!

Now I am working in Mexico City and it is extremely difficult to ship my Striiv pedometer to the States. Is there a a way that I can change my self the battery and if I do, what kinf of battery do I need? Thank you

I just purchased my Striiv Touch and haven't even had it a week and the battery is not holding the charge. Yesterday I plugged it in and it got to 100% and within an it was down to 72%. Today is Monday and it is down to 51%. This isn't good - how is it supposed to last for 5 day when this is only the 2nd day and it is almost half used up.

I'm not sure where they get the 5 day number.  My play is rated by them at 5 days.  I got over that pretty quickly.  I can get it down to 10% in half a day if I am doing a lot of challenges and relays.  as they've upgraded firmware it's gotten better but I long ago got over the 5 day estimate.  I suspect it's based on a heavy usage session of 1 hour at the gym on a treadmill or 1 hour jog/walk once per day, and the device just sitting on a shelf otherwise.  If you actively use it all day seems to drain the battery.

That may be the case, however, after charging it to 100% and sitting down to watch TV and within an hour for it to go to 72% without doing much of anything - that isn't right. Based upon that there must be a problem.

yeah that doesn't sound good.  You should take it back to the place you bought it or RMA to striiv.  at the least open a ticket adn see fi they have any suggestions

I have had the Touch for a little over a week.  I noticed similar behavior, charge it to 100% and within an hour it drops to 72%.  After the initial drop it seems to drain at a slow rate. I have been able to get 3 days with it.  I believe it may be the software that monitors the battery life has an issue.  Also I have the notifications turned off since they don't work properly for me on Android so in theory I should get closer to 5 days.  I really like the device but Android compatibility is horrible.  I have synced it with my iPad and it seems to work great with the Apple App.

I charged mine last night to 100% and then wore it overnight for sleep tracking, today I have walked about 7000 steps and went for a 3 mile run.  It is 4pm and I am showing 66%.  I will see when I get a low battery signal from it.

Yesterday the clock lost 19 minutes on it - it was slow. Then after I got up this morning it was back on the right time.  That was a first time for that to happen.  I had set for the notifications but so far nothing has shown up. I reset it again this evening so I will see if anything happens tomorrow at work as I have several meetings scheduled. Here is hoping it will work.  The battery is not keeping the charge up like it states and so far I have not had a response from Striiv to the Support ticket I put in. Disappointed on that.

Update on my battery performance.  About 11pm last night my Touch froze up (would not come on or respond to touch), so I put it in the cradle to do a reset.  The cradle was plugged in and the Touch popped on right away.  I let it charge until it reached 100% then I put it on and wore it to sleep.  This morning when I woke it was at 97% and has continued to drain slowly.  It is now a little after 11am and it has only drawn down to 93% (thats 10 hours with 7% draw).  It seems like the battery is performing very well today.  I will continue to monitor and hope this performance continues.

Login or Signup to post a comment